Long considered a cradle for big time coaches, Northwestern State has another good one in Lane Burroughs. Back in episode 162, Coach Burroughs shared a truck load on knowledge. So much so, that we just had to bring him back for another chat.
- Some of the topics we cover in this episode are:
- relationships with outside organizations and schools
- keeping long time assistant coaches engaged
- the qualities of a good recruiter
- what it take to be a good communicator
- instant versus delayed gratification
- Navy Seal training
- how to handle losing
Follow Lane Burroughs on Twitter.
Follow Northwestern State Baseball on Twitter.
Follow Burbank Sport Nets on Twitter.
Follow Top Coach on Twitter at @TopCoachPodcast.
Jack Warren is available to speak to your team or coaches’ meeting or conduct his staff development and leadership seminar, Ten Second Impact. Find out more by clicking the SPEAKING tab at JackWWarren.com. While you’re there, find out about the coaching and consulting he does for sports-minded entrepreneurs and athletic coaches.
photo credit: Northwestern State Athletics
Intro Music: Matt’s Blues, Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)