Thank you for participating in our AC (assistant coach) SPOTLIGHT feature. Just cut and paste the questions and send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Included below is a template that includes EIGHT questions. To allow for a little flexibility and ease of answering, please answer the first THREE questions, then select TWO of the next FIVE questions. Please answer the questions as succinctly as possible, however, please elaborate on an answer or two if you feel it’s needed. PLEASE NOTE: Some editing may be needed for the sake of clarity and brevity.
- ANSWER THESE FIRST THREE
- The moment you first realized that you might like to make coaching part of your career?
- Outside of mentors, talk about one or more ways you’ve learned some aspect of coaching.
- Your dream lunch date. One coach. Any sport. Any level. Living or dead. Who is it?
- SELECT AND ANSWER TWO OF THE NEXT FIVE QUESTIONS
- If you could go back to your rookie coach self and give one piece of advice, what would it be?
- Name one new thing you want to accomplish this year.
- What is your favorite memory from a coaching conference or clinic?
- Best career or work advice you ever received?
- What is one thing you didn’t know (or fully understand) about what coaches do before you got into coaching?
We’d love to have two photos, if at all possible and/or convenient (don’t spend a lot of time trying to run these down). The first priority is a head shot. Secondly, a higher resolution landscape oriented photo would be great, but is not critical (something of you on the field, dugout, gym, etc. would be nice). If you don’t have the second photo, we’ll just use the school logo.
Please include a link to your official bio on your school or organization’s website. If you don’t have one, please include a few bullet points with some of the following:
- Work history (very high level)
- Current position (also, do you have other duties or a regular day job?)
- Your Twitter name (if you have one)
- Your email (if you don’t mind being contacted)
Please don’t feel any need to turn this around quickly. Return it at your convenience. Once received, you will be notified on when it will be published on the website.
Thank you very much for participating!